High levels of production & efficient feed conversion are the need of the modern poultry industry, which to a certain extent can be achieved through use of specific feed additives. With greater emphasis towards minimal use of antibiotics, the situation has driven researchers to explore for other non- therapeutic alternatives like organic acids, enzymes, probiotics, prebiotics, herbs, essential oils & immunostimulants as feed additives in poultry production.
The addition of organic acids in diet can have a beneficial effect on the performance by decreasing pathogenic bacteria, improving digestion, & absorption of nutrients.
Use of organic acids composed of individual acids & blends of several acids have been found to perform antimicrobial activities similar to those of antibiotics (Wang et al.2009)
Most common bacteria that affect the intestinal health of poultry are Salmonella, Campylobacter & Escherichia coli which can be controlled by supplementation of an organic acid in diet (Vanlmmerseel et al. 2006; Naseri et al. 2012)
Thus, organic acids have gained worldwide acceptance as the choice replacement for antibiotic growth promoters (AGP’s) in livestock feed.
Acidogen is a unique proprietary blend of selected organic acids & its salts along with essential oils.
- Reduces pH & inhabit the growth of pathogenic bacteria, while favouring growth of beneficial bacteria in gut
- Acidification results in killing pathogenic bacteria like Salmonella, Coli, Clostridium perfringens, Listeria, Campylobacter & other gram negative bacteria.
- Improves enzyme efficacy & increases hydrolysis of proteins for increased nutrient absorption
- Prevents contamination of poultry feed by pathogens & fungus
- Does not alter palatability & nutritional value of other ingredients
- Improves carcass quality & minimizes drip loss
- Effectively removes biofilms when used in water lines
- Non-corrosive & has minimal loss due to evaporation
Powder: 1 kg/ton of feed.
Liquid: 0.2 to 0.5 ml/Ltr of water.
Or as recommended by Veterinarian/Nutritionist
Powder: 25 kgs bag.
Liquid: 1 Ltr and 5 Ltrs.